Fire damages Libby home
July 26, 2007
An accidentally started fire has done 15,000 to 20,000 dollars damage to the home of Al Hughes Wednesday (July 25th) evening about 10:00 pm.
According to the Libby Volunteer Fire Department, wood chips used in a food smoker were discarded too close to combustible materials resulting in the exterior wall of the ranch style home on Cabinet Avenue to ignite.
The fire resulted in significant damage to the exterior and the attic. The interior of the home suffered heavy smoke and water damage.
Twenty-two Libby fire fighters spent two hours on the scene. No injuries were reported. Smoke detectors were installed and alerted occupants, according to the fire department report.
Story by KLCB 1230 AM Libby News Radio, www.todaysbestcountryonline.com